1. Asking for help doesn’t mean you are weak. Rejecting help doesn’t necessary mean you are strong.
2. Communicate with your child and tell them what they CAN do and now what they can’t.
Instead of saying, “don’t throw food” say “food stays on the table”
3. Think about the advice you would give your child when you become a grandparent. Don’t feel like you have follow anyone else’s idea of parenthood.
4. Meet your kids where they are at developmentally, and always respect them as a whole person. It is ok for them to feel frustrated and disappointed. Acknowledge their feelings and “roll out the read carpet”for them.
6. List of stuff on Amazon that I mentioned today!
Parenting books Baby Products I use
7. Favorite parenting podcasts:
FAVORITE! Janet Lansbury. Her podcast is called “Unruffled” (I’m launching a podcast soooon too!)
What Fresh Hell - funny, relatable
The Longest Shortest Time - great production and story telling
Avenue Mama podcast (coming soon!)
Thank you so much YOU YEAR COMMUNITY!! Wishing you love and light this year!!